05 September 2009

Seriously.

How do some people just blog every day like it's nothing? Trying this again.

School has started. I'm back to working out daily, have my locker at school and everything. It's a good thing, too, because over the summer my aerobic capacity went from almost nothing to slightly above nothing. We're talking logarithmically tiny differences here, but it makes a difference to me whether I can run for three minutes or two.

One thing I can still do pretty impressively, apparently, is lift. I say this because the women's rugby team was recruiting in the Rec, and they recruited me after watching me lift. Very well; now I am playing rugby. They are more competitive than I expected them to be, but I think it will be good for me and my aerobic capacity.

I feel as though my prospects of getting hired at a college once I have my Master's are much better than I felt they were before. This instructor in a class I am about to drop (which is a bummer; I've wanted to take it for years) is a) under the impression that no one in China has a cell phone, and b) that the Napoleonic Wars took place around the time of the Lincoln Presidency. I am not making this up, and that's not all. Seriously. I'm not worried about getting hired. If I can make it into grad school and through the PhD, I'll be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home